2009/12/17

Powweb Site Backups and Restore

Today after two weeks this blog is running at powweb hosting, its time to get serious to business, and secure the site. I mean make sure the data is safe and backup. I dont want to lost it, when server crash etc. Not that in shared hosting environment, anything disaster could happen. Its adviced that you do backup of your website daily or weekly. I choose to backup weekly on my blog hosted with powweb. Not much updates per week. Its fine with me.

Login to powweb OPS, and under the website management, you will see the site backups and restore. Click on it. Powweb Site Backups and Restore tool allows you to restore files from PowWeb's system backups. You have the option of restoring files automatically by replacing your current files with the backed-up versions or downloading them and restoring your content manually.

PowWeb's system backups are only kept for a few days. So, you are adviced to backup your websites locally and keep a good archieve of it. This will be useful when you need to restore your websites. One problem is that you can not use the backup and restore tools to restore SQL databases. Meaning you have to take a trip to phpmyadmin to do the database importing.

I ticked on the htdocs/ folder and click the download zip archieve on the bottom. After that i was prompt with a "siteBackups" documents, and asked to save it locally. This backup is directly, and not need to wait or email to me thing as we see in cpanel backup tools. The zip backups start downloading and done in short time. My site is not big, so backup is easier. I keep this backup at my local Pc, and the backup job is done.

Powweb is a good $5.77 hosting plan with  300GB storage space.
Signup Powweb today.. go to Powweb.com

Read More...

Orignal From: Powweb Site Backups and Restore

No comments:

Post a Comment

bluehost