2011/04/24

How to Grow a Horse's Mane



How to grow a horse's mane is not that much of a mystery. There is one item though that almost all horse owners have, that when I see it near a horse, I just cringe! I have a sudden urge to grab it and throw it in the trash. It will completely destroy your horse's mane and tail faster than a hungry goat. What is it you ask? It's a comb!

The first thing I want you to do is throw away your mane comb! You will NEVER need or use it again! A comb does more damage to the mane and tail than anything short of a pair of scissors. It can be the number one thing standing in your way of achieving the gorgeous look you want.

I shudder when I see people combing away at the horse shows or the training barns I visit. They're just absent-mindedly ripping out hairs that took months or even years to grow. GET RID OF IT NOW! I promise you will never miss it. Not even when you've got the long, luxurious, stunning mane and tail we are striving for.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'll tell you what you DO need. The only thing that you need to neaten up or detangle a messy mane is a stiff bristle human hair brush. There are many different brands and variations of the hairbrush I like so well, but the kind I use is a "Goody" brand. They have them at Wal-Mart, many grocery stores and similar type stores.

The one I use has a plastic handle and nylon bristles. It is often sold in local grocery stores and pharmacies with the other hair products for people. It has to have either thin nylon or natural bristles, NOT pins and not hard plastic type bristles. They also need to be pretty stiff. If it is too soft, it will just go over the hair without really accomplishing much.

I use this brush for everything from untangling the mane and tail to brushing mud off the legs and dust off the face. I rarely even grab my body brush, because a few quick strokes on the body or legs with this brush will get off just about anything.

This is the only "tool" I use to detangle and neaten the mane and tail. Keep reading to learn about the homemade recipe you can make that will dramatically stimulate the growth of your horse's mane and tail and how to grow a horse mane.


Beth Moore has been a leading authority on horse care and especially on growing long, thick manes and tails on horses for more than 20 years. You can read her secret homemade recipe to speed up and stimulate the growth of your horse's mane and tail and more tips on how to grow a horse mane by going to her website at www.Fairytale-Horses.com



Orignal From: How to Grow a Horse's Mane

No comments:

Post a Comment

bluehost