2011/04/23

Tennessee Walking Horse Mane and Tail Care



Tennessee Walking Horses of all riding styles look far more beautiful when they have a long, flowing mane and tail keeping time with their steps. This really accentuates the beauty of these magnificent horses. Your Tennessee Walking Horse can be gorgeous in no time at all if you follow these simple steps.

First, you need to untangle your walking horse's mane and tail. Do not ever use a comb of any kind on your horse. A comb will prevent you from gaining a long, luxurious mane and tail more than any other grooming equipment you use on your horse. Use a stiff bristle human hair brush to detangle the mane and tail.

Start at the bottom of the mane or tail and work your way up to the top where the roots are. Detangle small sections at a time. I like to spray the hair heavily with a spray shine product such as show sheen or laser sheen to help me get it untangled. If it's really badly tangled, I use Cowboy Magic for serious detangling. I still use the same method on all my Tennessee Walking Horses, de-tangling from the bottom, working my way up to the top as I make progress.

Once you have the entire mane and tail detangled, you need to wash it. Any regular shampoo will do fine. I like to follow up with a good conditioner. If you are using the homemade rapid growth formula that I use on all my Tennessee Walking Horses, this is when I apply it to the roots and rub it in real good with my fingers. (To get the recipe to make the rapid growth formula, see below.)

The next step I do with my walking horse's tail is to braid it from the bottom of the tail to the bottom of the tail bone. Be sure to leave it loose around the bottom of the tail bone so it doesn't irritate your horse. I seal the very bottom of the braid with black plastic electrician's tape. Never use a rubber band, as this will break the hair.

As the tail grows longer, I fold the tail, doubling it up below the bone. Then I apply another piece of electrician's tape to secure the fold below the bone. This is all you need to do to give most Tennessee Walking horses the best chance to grow their tail naturally.


If you want to drastically speed up the growth rate of your Tennessee Walking Horse's mane and tail by up to 3" to 4" per month, go to Secret growth rate Recipe and get the homemade rapid growth rate recipe and more mane and tail growth rate tips. Before you know it, all your friends will be jelous of your Tennessee Walking Horse!



Orignal From: Tennessee Walking Horse Mane and Tail Care

No comments:

Post a Comment

bluehost