2010/10/09

How do I manage pets on a newly seeded lawn?


Question by anonymous: How do I manage pets on a newly seeded lawn?
I am going to be putting some lawn patch repair on the bare parts of my fenced in backyard (mulch/fertilizer/seed) and also some turf builder on the rest of the lawn. When can I let the pets go back in their yard? Would it be best to supervise them when they are in the yard? The packages say it is safe for pets, but I am not sure it is safe for the grass for them to be on it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated on how I can avoid having a big muddy mess this spring since the winter/pets have turned the backyard into a big mess.


Best answer:

Answer by Josh L
Its fine as long as they arent trampoling the seeds to death but Its best to keep them off.

Make sure you keep the seeds well watered.
They will need potassium. Potassium will strengthen the root system.
Check the ingredients on the bag. Dont use it if it has alot of nitrogen, it can burn the new roots and kill it.
Once the roots have developed after a month or 2, then use the nitrogen. Nitrogen encourages growth. Iron helps with color.

I think the turf builder has alot of potassium and low nitrogen, that'll probly be good. Just dont over fertilize!



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: How do I manage pets on a newly seeded lawn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

bluehost