2010/10/17

Q&A: What does it mean when a dog licks another dog under the chin?


Question by KS: What does it mean when a dog licks another dog under the chin?
I'm taking care of some family's dogs for the week, but I only own one dog. My dog always seems very aggressive towards other dogs, but they seem to be getting along alright. My dog is always trying to lick under the chin of one of the other dogs, and that dog doesn't seem to like it much. Is that some type of communication, and if yes, what does it mean?

Also...since I've got you here :) ... my dog keeps taking the toys aways from that particular dog. If the one dog starts playing by himself with a toy, or if they start a game of tug of war, my dog starts growling and takes the toy away. Is that how dogs normally play, or is my dog being a bit selfish?


Best answer:

Answer by Sexy_Morena
All together he is just showing affection either that or the other dog has food on his chin. All dogs play tug of war that way they are like kids if one plays with a toy the other will try to take it away.



What do you think? Answer below!

Orignal From: Q&A: What does it mean when a dog licks another dog under the chin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

bluehost